This post contains an affiliate link which means that, at no extra cost to you, I earn a commission on your purchase through these links. I only recommend products that I use, truly love, and excited to share!
I use jojoba oil as my face moisturizer and it is AMAZING and most recently discovered the benefits of it as a hair detangler.
My daughter Emily is 8 years old and thinks she can do everything on her own. When it comes to brushing her hair she does it super quick and doesn’t do that good of a job. So, enter in… MAJOR TANGLES! I mean almost to the point of having to cut her hair off. I tried all the detanglers on the shelf and different types of brushes and combs and nothing worked.
One night I decided I would try jojoba oil since I knew it was good for hair. A miracle happened, I was able to comb out her tangles easily without the tears. A few things that are so great about this stumble upon is that it’s inexpensive, it’s great for your hair, and there is only one ingredient and I can actually pronounce it. I am a big fan of only use pure ingredients and staying away from chemicals as much as I can.
Now, back to my face. I started using the oil because it closely resembles human sebum which is the oil naturally produced by our skin and there are so many other benefits. Since using the oil on my face I have reduced breakouts besides what is hormonal (those darn hormones), it feels smooth, looks younger & I having a glowing complextion. When I do wear makeup it looks so much better, almost airbrushed. There is no caking or dry patches. I also use organic Almond Oil to cleanse my face, which is AWESOME, you can read about that here.
Jojoba oil has a mild order (it’s almost odorless) and golden in color. It is a liquid wax that comes from the seed of the jojoba plant – simmondsia chinensis. You will find the plant in Southern Arizona and California, as well as Northwestern Mexico.
Below I have listed some of the benefits for the skin and hair, but there are so many more.
Jojoba Oil Benefits for the Skin
- light and absorbs quickly
- keeps your oil levels in your skin balanced
- an emollient which means it moisturizes and prevents irritations
- noncomedogenic, which means it doesn’t clog pores. AWESOME!
- rich in iodine, which fights bacteria growth that leads to breakouts
- vitamin E rich. It improves moisture and elasticity
- helps to soothe fine lines and wrinkles
Jojoba Oil Benefits for Hair
- replenishes moisture and improves texture
- treats dry scalp and gets rid of dandruff
- adds shine and softens hair, also eliminates frizz
- vitamin E has the ability to help thicken hair, due to the antioxidant and moisturizing properties
- controls hair loss is by helping the follicles grow new hair.
- vitamins and minerals in the oil nourish the skin and improve the health of the scalp
How to Use for Your Hair
Mix jojoba oil with your shampoo or hair conditioner. This will remove the sebum that is present at the scalp which will then promote hair growth. If you don’t want to do that you can also use it after your shower to help eliminate frizz by using a few drops and combing through hair. This will help if you have some tangles. Only use 2-3 drops, if you use too much your hair will look greasy.
I buy my Organic Jojoba Oil from Amazon Subscribe and Save, which makes it an even better deal than they already have. You can buy it here.
Do you use oil as a moisturizer?