This post contains an affiliate link which means that, at no extra cost to you, I earn a commission on your purchase through these links. I only recommend products that I use, truly love, and excited to share!
I wash my face with oil. Say what!? Yes it’s true and it’s the best thing I have done for my face! Since I have started washing my face with sweet almond oil my skin has never looked so clear, smooth, and young.
Washing your face with oil seems a bit weird, I know. But all I can say is you have to try it once to understand how amazing it is. I was hesitant at first because I thought it would make my face oily. No it didn’t! It made my face feel good. There is also nothing bad in the ingredients, it’s just good plain ol organic almond oil.
I wanted to try almond oil because of all the benefits but also because it is safe for my skin, as in no ingredients I can’t read or understand, it is inexpensive and a bottle lasts a long time. Almond oil is a light texture and absorbs nicely into the skin.
How I use Almond Oil – I wash my face in the shower so I keep my bottle in there. First, I pour a very small amount, like the size of a dime, onto my hands and rub them together (absorption is best when it has been warmed to body temperature), then I massage the oil onto my dry face. I massage over my eyes gently to remove my mascara as well. Lastly, I rinse off and pat my face dry. Once out of the shower I moisturize my face with jojoba oil. I did use almond oil to moisturize my face but I found that the jojoba oil absorbs quicker, it closely resembles human sebum which is the oil naturally produced by our skin, and it has many other benefits. Read my article here on jojoba oil.
Noticeable Differences of my skin
- my pores are no longer clogged
- my skin looks smoother
- I look younger
- my skin glows
- it is supple, no longer dry in the fall and winter
- I no longer get small breakouts
- My face feels so good, to the touch and also when I move it around
- I can go out in public with out makeup and feel confident because my skin looks good
Why is Almond Oil so Great
- It has antioxidive properties. Almond oil is naturally enriched with Vitamin E which is a potent antioxidant vitamin. Regular application of the oil can protect your skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage, keeping skin soft and supple.
- easily absorbs into skin.
- can also delay general signs of aging as it renews the cells of your facial skin.
- it’s a hypoallergenic oil that can be safely used even on baby skin
- it is extracted from raw almonds. The benefits come from to the generous amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, proteins, zinc, and a number of other vitamins and minerals it contains.
- it will help get rid of dark circles. Massage almond oil under your eyes before you go to bed. The vitamin E in the almond oil will rejuvenate the skin, and if used regularly will lighten the skin under your eyes
- It has an SPF 5, and it not only prevents tan and sunburn, but also reverses the effects of the sun. The vitamin E in almond oil nourishes and shields the skin from harmful rays of the sun. See my article on Astaxanthin, a supplement that is also known for reducing sun damage.
- There are also many other uses for almond oil. You can use it on your hair to make it stronger, ingest it for heart health and weight loss, and as an all over body moisturizer.
I use Sky Organics Organic Sweet Almond Oil. You can buy it here.
Do you wash your face with any type of oil? What do you use and how do you like it?