When I think of summer I often think of watermelon. Watermelon helps to quench my thirst on the hot summer days and this watermelon slushie is perfect. It’s cool and refreshing.
My kids get super excited about them as well. I’m sure you will also. Just writing this post I am craving one. Good thing I have a giant watermelon sitting in my fridge!
Some Health Benefits of Watermelon
- high levels of lycopene which is great for heart health, cancer fighting, & bone health
- 1 cup contains 1/4 of recommended daily intake of Vitamin A which is excellent for your skin
- significant levels of vitamins B6 and C, antioxidants and amino acids
- due to the fiber it helps with digestion
- antiaging due to the vitamins C & E
- potassium amount helps with muscle recovery
- 92% water which is why it is so refreshing and great for hydration
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and is very versatile. You can add more or less lime and sugar. It’ll all depend on your taste preference. You can also throw in other fruit.
- 2 cups watermelon
- 2 cups ice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp sugar (may want to add another Tbsp if watermelon is not very sweet)
Cube watermelon. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until blended. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Do you have a summer go to drink? I’m always looking for new drinks to try!