Today is my 40th Birthday! Toot Toot! I thought it would be fun to tell you 40 things about me so we could get to know each other a little better. I hope you like this post as this is something a little different than I usually do.
I am also doing a GIVEAWAY (shouting from the rooftop)! I am so excited for this, it is my first one.
40 Things about Me
- favorite decade: 80’s
- I love to hike
- food I crave: toast with butter (it’s got to be sourdough)
- I never drank coffee until I had my first child
- favorite 80’s song: Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
- favorite Christian song: God is on the Move by 7eventh Time Down
- One of my favorite authors is Sophie Kinsella. I laugh out loud while reading her books.
- I worked 2 jobs while in high school as a file clerk at a law office and a trophy maker
- I worked in banking for 15 years
- quit my banking job after my daughter was born and went back to school to get my teaching credential
- favorite color: turquoise
- I have a colored pen addiction (like sharpie, micron, paper mate)
- I can’t get enough washi tape
- I have always wanted to open a bakery
- I love nature
- I plant flowers in my yard to attract butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees. Each time I see one it’s like the first time. I am in awe of them.
- pulling weeds relaxes me
- I dislike grocery shopping
- I’m a little high strung
- I love to grow my own veggies and fruit
- my grandma and mom are my inspiration. I aspire to be the wonderful moms and homemakers they were.
- I am raising my kids without my mom, which has been very difficult. She passed away on my daughters 2nd birthday.
- I love to play in the waves at the beach
- I’m not a fan of the sand
- if I moved I would live in Central California along the coast
- I dream BIG
- I love pretty things
- this summer I have become a master griller
- I bought my first car when I turned 16
- I sing in the car
- I love to be silly
- if I could spend all day in Target I would
- favorite magazine: Good Housekeeping
- all time favorite band: Matchbox 20 (there’s not a song I don’t like)
- I have a lot of faith
- favorite dessert: cold chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
- family is everything
- I love to run
- I love to help people
- I play the piano. I took lessons for 11 years when I was a kid.
There you have it! That’s a lot about me. Please share something about yourself so I can learn more about you. I would love to know more about my readers.
Since it’s my birthday I am giving someone a gift! One lucky reader can win a copy of the book Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More by Rachel Macy Stafford.
Rachel is a New York Times bestselling author and blogger at handsfreemama.com. In her book she talks about nine habits that will help you focus on investing in the most significant parts of your life. As you read through this book you will get a new sense of urgency despite the distractions of our culture in the areas of: living loving dreaming connecting creating forgiving flourishing The giveaway will end August 9th at 11:59pm. I will announce the winner on my Facebook page and Instagram, so if you haven’t yet, like my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram so you’ll know if you won.
Sign up below to be entered
You must live in the 50 United States and District of Columbia to participate. If you are an international reader I would still love for you to sign up for my newsletter so you won’t miss a thing.
Ad Lib Mom has paid for the prize, sales tax, and shipping. I will ship the prize to the winner.
Refer here for the official rules of the sweepstakes.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and tell me something about yourself!